Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Date: December 2010
Duration: 8 hours 0 minutes
Not a day goes by that the average American doesn't think about weight. We cut calories. We cut fat. We cut carbs. We eat five times a day. We join the gym. We count our steps. We try to change our lives. Yet the weight epidemic continues to grow. Today there are more obese individuals than those who are merely overweight. So what's wrong?
In Full, celebrated bariatric surgeon Michael Snyder offers an insider's perspective on weight loss, teaching you to reject the diet mentality that thrives on restrictions, deprivations, and total reversals of lifestyle. Using the science of fullness and introducing a new definition of healthy, he brings us powerful weight-control tools that are rooted in our physiology and proves that the undeniable feeling of fullness is the ultimate secret in the quest for weight loss-if you know how to effortlessly reach it without breaking the calorie bank or fighting your emotions. Snyder provides us with industry-insider tips, techniques, and information that have helped countless patients succeed in their weight-loss efforts regardless of personal struggles. In Full, you will learn how to:
- Choose from a variety of practical strategies to achieve sustainable weight loss no matter what kind of foods you like to eat.
- End the confusion over portion control by synching visual and physiological cues of fullness.
- Be full with less food but equally as satisfied (if not more so!).
- Apply a cheat prescription so you can still say yes to indulgences and temptations without feeling like a failure.
- Take advantage of the five intentional steps of digestion to gain natural control of how-and how much-you eat.
- Find fulfillment in a physical activity that is inexpensive, easy, and convenient.
With these new strategies and definitions, you will move from self-hatred to self-understanding, from persistent dieting to living true to yourself, and from being unhappily overweight to being a healthy individual who knows a happy weight better than a scale does. Dr. Snyder realizes that it's not the surgery that creates success in his patients; it's what they do afterward that counts. And it is from this rich body of experience and practical wisdom that he's created these techniques to help you lose 10, 20, 30, 50 pounds-or more!