Publisher: CoolBeat Audiobook Publishing
Date: December 2006
Duration: 2 hours 18 minutes
Listen to the fascinating life of George Washington, the ""Father of the Republic"".
This biography traces the life of George Washington from his early life as a surveyor to his retirement at Mount Vernon, with special emphasis on his activities during the American Revolutionary War.
1. Washington's Early Life - Appointed as Surveyor - First Trip into the Wilderness - Entrusted with Message to the French. (1732-1754)
2. Washington Appointed a Member of Gen. Braddock's Staff - French and Indian War - Washington Made Commander of Virginia Forces - Causes of the American Revolution - Washington a Member of the First Continental Congress. (1755-1775)
3. Beginning of the Revolution - Washington Made Commander-in-Chief of the Continental Army - British Forced to Leave Boston. (1775-1776)
4. Declaration of Independence Signed - Battle of Long Island - Battle of White Plains - Washington Crosses the Delaware and Surprises the Hessians at Trenton. (1776-1777)
5. Recapture of Fort Ticonderoga by Gen. Burgoyne - Battle of Brandywine - Battle of Germantown - Burgoyne's Surrender at Saratoga - Washington at Valley Forge - Alliance with France. (1777-1778)
6. Battle of Monmouth - Patriots Receive Aid from France - Recapture of Fort at Stony Point by Gen. Anthony Wayne - Washington at Morristown - Surrender of Charleston, S.C., to the British - Treason of Benedict Arnold. (1778-1780)
7. Gen. Gates Defeated at Camden, S.C. - Battle of King's Mountain - Washington Sends Aid to the South - Siege of Yorktown - Surrender of Lord Cornwallis - Peace Treaty Signed - Washington's Farewell to His Officers. (1780-1783)
8. Washington Retires to Mount Vernon - Inaugurated as First President of the United States - His Reelection - His Death at Mount Vernon. (1783-1799)