The Word Smart II
Publisher: Living Language (Audio)
Date: August 2001
Duration: 5 hours 20 minutes
Some interesting word facts:
• The word "noisome" had nothing whatsoever to do with noise.
• "Ordinance" and "ordnance" have two distinct meanings.
• An "errant" fool is a fool who is lost, while an "arrant" fool is one whose foolishness is obvious.
Word Smart II exposes hundreds of examples like these, so you will never be surprised by vocabulary again. All of the 848 entries in Word Smart II belong in an impressive vocabulary. Learning and using these words effectively can help you to get better grades, score higher on tests, and communicate more confidently at work.
• Concise, accurate definitions
• Great examples and stories that teach words in context
• Mnemonics to make it all stick