Self to Lose - Self to Find: A Biblical Approach to the 9 Enneagram Types
Publisher: Tantor Media
Date: February 2019
Duration: 6 hours 21 minutes
Self to Lose Self to Find examines the invitation of Jesus to lose yourself in order to find your true self, and presents the personality system known as the Enneagram within this biblical framework. It will guide you toward liberating self-awareness by detailing nine distinct personality patterns, each with particular gifts and challenges. By learning about your type, you will:
- Embrace the truth about your God-given identity
- Uncover your deeper motivations, longings, and ways of suffering
- Discern between the self to lose and the self Jesus invites you to find
- Enhance your relationships by appreciating others more
- Own up to what keeps you from possessing the abundant life Jesus offers.
Marilyn Vancil, a spiritual director and certified Enneagram professional, weaves three threads the biblical story, the Enneagram wisdom, and real-life experiences into this compelling and essential resource for those who long for a more free and fruitful life. Dr. David Daniels, coauthor of The Essential Enneagram, describes this book as a thoughtful and groundbreaking analysis of the Enneagram system and its valuable contribution to the work of development in the Christian life.