Pimsleur Urdu Level 1 Lessons 26-30: Learn to Speak and Understand Urdu with Pimsleur Language Programs
Publisher: Pimsleur Language Programs
Date: February 2011
Duration: 3 hours 51 minutes
The Pimsleur® Method: the easiest, fastest way to learn a new language. Completely portable, easily downloadable, and lots of fun. You’ll be speaking and understanding in no time flat!
Pimsleur Makes Learning Easy
• 30-minute core lessons you can take anywhere, or do at home with Alexa®
• Synch progress across devices
• Stream lessons or download to use in offline mode
• Individual progress tracking for one main account holder and up to 3 additional household members
• Car mode for easy driving and learning
• Compatible with Amazon Echo devices for working through lessons at home
• Quick + Easy – Only 30 minutes a day.
• Portable + Flexible – Core lessons can be done anytime, anywhere, and easily fit into your busy life.
• Proven Method – Works when other methods fail.
• Self-Paced – Go fast or go slow – it’s up to you.
• Based in Science – Developed using proven research on memory and learning.
• Cost-effective – Less expensive than classes or immersion, and features all native speakers.
• Genius – Triggers your brain’s natural aptitude to learn.
• Works for everyone – Recommended for ages 13 and above.
What You’ll Learn
This course includes Lessons 26-30 plus reading instruction from the Urdu Level 1 Program featuring 3.5 hours of language instruction. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons is included in each lesson. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Urdu.
Reading Lessons are included at the end of Lesson 30 to provide you with an introduction to reading Urdu. These lessons, which total about one hour, are designed to teach you to sound out words with Urdu pronunciation and accent. A Reading Booklet to be used with the audio lessons is also included.
The Urdu Language
Urdu is the national language of Pakistan and an official language of the six states in North India with significant Muslim populations. Both Urdu and Hindi are standard registers of the Hindustani language. Before the Partition of India, the terms Hindustani, Urdu, and Hindi were synonymous. Today, though mutually intelligible, they differ in their technical and literary vocabularies with Urdu influenced heavily by Persian and Arabic and Hindi by Sanskrit. There are close to 70 million native speakers of Urdu.
• Audio lessons can be streamed or downloaded for offline use in the Pimsleur App for iPhone®, iPad®, and most Android™ devices.
• Audio lessons can also be played on Amazon® Echo® devices using the Alexa® Pimsleur Skill.
• A desktop version is available for Mac® or Windows® computers.
• All purchased courses are backed up in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library account.
• Pimsleur is designed for use by one registered user, plus up to three household members, and may be installed on up to four devices.