100 Deadly Skills: The SEAL Operative's Guide to Eluding Pursuers, Evading Capture, and Surviving Any Dangerous Situation
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Date: October 2015
Duration: 3 hours 52 minutes
100 Deadly Skills is the essential guide for surviving any crisis, from defending yourself using everyday objects like coins and lighters, to using secure cyber communications, to creating a “bolt” bag that will allow you to survive off-the-grid for several days, and much more. In an ever more dangerous world, threats to civilians’ personal safety are legion. Spanning acts of terror, mass shootings, and an unseen (and sometimes virtual) matrix of everyday crime, danger is no longer confined to dark alleys or unstable regions. Potentially life-threatening circumstances may surface anywhere, at any time—from the local mall to the neighborhood playground to a four-star hotel room to the WIFI connection in your home. Yesterday’s survival guide no longer makes the cut.
100 Deadly Skills is the book you need for today’s world. Modified for civilian survival from real world clandestine operations, the step-by-step graphics will teach you how to think and act like members of the special forces. This complete course in how to be a “Violent Nomad” begins with understanding the psychology of survival and moves on to preventing tracking, eluding active shooters, repelling down the side of a building, immobilizing bad guys, protecting against cyber-criminals, and avoiding—or at least surviving—a wide array of threats, all using low-tech to “no-tech” resources. The 100 Deadly Skills include:
• Mission Preparation (From what you need in your Go Bag to making improvised body armor)
• Infiltration (Accessing enemy territory from sea, air, or land)
• Infrastructure Development (From evading a pursuer and defeating a kidnaping to making and concealing weapons)
• Surveillance (From tracking to detecting tampering to hiding secret information)
• Access and Collection (From picking locks to sending secure electronic correspondence and data)
• Operational Actions (From disarming and restraining a bad guy to basicdefense strategies)
• Sanitization (From creating a disguise to leaving no trace)
• Exfiltration and Escape (From defeating any kind of restraint to surviving an ambush)
100 Deadly Skills is the final word for civilians on self-defense.