10,000 Miles to Go: An American Filmmaking Odyssey
Written By: ,
Date: January 2020
Duration: 4 hours 51 minutes
A must listen for any bootstrapping creative or entrepreneur!10,000 Miles to Go: An American Filmmaking Odyssey focuses on the making of an award winning contemporary feature film, which was successfully bootstrapped against monumental odds with near-zero funding, yet which made its way to numerous international sales and broadcasts and a place in the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), NYC, films collection. From concept through worldwide international sales, 10,000 Miles to Go takes you through through the entire process - warts and all - stripping away the glamour of the movie business to reveal what it takes to bootstrap and execute an ambitious startup creative project with maximum impact on a minimal budget.
10,000 Miles to Go is a fascinating and insightful listen for all kinds of bootstrappers and entrepreneurs, whether working in media, business, creative fields, or tech startup areas! Told in a conversational and often humorous style, 10,000 Miles to Go is a real life chronicle and expression of what many of today's creative and entrepreneurial types - in all fields - will encounter as they pursue their own particular dreams, ambitions, and explorations.
With this audiobook you will learn:
- How to understand the mindset and challenges of bootstrapping a project
- How to use creativity and an asymmetrical ('guerilla') approach in place of money
- How to overcome psychological barriers, fear, and doubt during the process
- How to navigate the 'realpolitik' behind a project's execution: the alliances, and the real dynamics of competition in the field
- How to demystify the production process of a long form filmmaking venture
- How to apply bootstrapping principles to your own business or project
- How technological changes in any industry can have a massive impact on outcomes