Anti-Racist: All You Need to Know About Racism and How to Be an Anti-Racist. Combat the Hatred Inside the Heart and Teach Your Baby Racial Equality.
Date: July 2020
Duration: 1 hours 38 minutes
The world we live in is, sadly, one where we feel the need to validate our origins and identity in all the wrong ways. There is now a call for radical change in racist mindsets. It's easy to assume that the only racists to be wary of are those who are outspoken and demonstrate their hatred openly and violently.
But what about the not so obvious instances of racism? The existence of the kind that is insidious, covert, and just as deadly as blatant hatred? How do we fix it? How do we find out how we ourselves are being racist or adding fuel to the fire without realizing it? What can we do to stop it? How do we guarantee a future that is accepting of everyone, regardless of their race?
In this book, you will learn:
● What racism really is
● The true origin of the concept of race
● Why race doesn't actually exist
● Why being color blind is actually fuel for the fire of racism
● How you might be racist and unaware of it
● How to help those who don't have the same privileges you do
● How to stand up and fight racism, as a marginalized person of color
● Microaggressions and how to spot them
● How to teach your children to become active anti-racists
● And a whole lot more
The fact of the matter is that change can only begin when you have a firm grasp of the problem. This book helps you understand all you need to know about the evils of racism, and it acts as a beacon of hope in the particularly troubling times we live in.
Things can be better. Things will be better. The world can become a better, more accepting, non-discriminating place. How can you be a fundamental part of making this happen? Read this book to find out.