Breaking the pattern of egocentric activity: Ojai 1980 - Dialogue 4
Narrated By: ,
Publisher: M-Y Books
Date: November 2015
Duration: 1 hours 19 minutes
Breaking the pattern of egocentric activity - 10 April 1980
- What will make a human being change, deeply, fundamentally, radically?
- Will I, as a human being, give up my egocentric activity completely?
- The more knowledge I have acquired, as I have evolved, as I have grown, as I have experienced, it has strengthened me, and I have been walking on that path for millennia. Perhaps I may have to look at this problem totally differently - which is not to walk on that path at all; discard all knowledge I have acquired.
- Explanations have been the boat on which to cross to the other shore. The man on the other shore says there is no boat. Cross!
- What happens to me when I meet something that is completely solid, immovable, absolutely true?
- Psychological knowledge has made us dull.