Built, Not Born: A Self-Made Billionaire's No-Nonsense Guide for Entrepreneurs
Date: February 2020
Duration: 6 hours 6 minutes
Tested and proven, no-nonsense advice on how to navigate risk and succeed in all phases of business ownership—written by Tom Golisano, self-made billionaire and founder of Paychex
'Tom Golisano understands what it takes grow and thrive as a business owner at all levels, and Built, Not Born is full of practical insights for those who have made or are considering making the leap to starting a new business.' - Tom Monaghan, founder, Domino's Pizza
Tom Golisano understands the fears, risks, and challenges small-business owners face every day—he’s lived it. He has launched and grown his own highly successful businesses and mentored dozens of entrepreneurs, helping them build their own successful companies.
Built, Not Born shows listeners:
- How going against the grain can be a great strategy for finding business opportunities and why it pays to question conventional wisdom.
- Why the pregnant pause can be an effective weapon in negotiations and when interviewing potential employees.
- Why a prenuptial or even a postnuptial agreement is critical to any business owner.
- What potential buyers and funding sources look for, and the best way to present a business plan.
- And finally, the key growth and leadership strategies that have helped Paychex sustain its incredible level of growth and profitability.