The E-Myth Architect: Why Most Architectural Firms Don't Work and What to Do About It
Written By: ,
Narrated By: ,
Date: September 2020
Duration: 6 hours 51 minutes
Running a successful architectural firm is a juggling act. You need expertise in your area of architecture to provide services to clients. You also need the know-how to run a small business. You've probably been well prepared by your education and experience for the technical ins and outs of an architecture firm. Yet what training has prepared you to run a business? The E-Myth Architect fills this knowledge gap, giving you a complete toolkit for either starting a successful firm from scratch or maximizing an existing firm's performance. Loaded with practical, powerful advice you can easily use, this one-stop guide helps you realize all the benefits that come with a thriving architecture business.
Combining the wisdom of renowned business development expert Michael E. Gerber and the architectural expertise of Norbert C. Lemermeyer, The E-Myth Architect equips you to:
- Liberate yourself from the predictable and often overwhelming tyranny of unprofitable, unproductive, and time-consuming routines
- Transform yourself from a successful architectural technician (architect) into a successful architect-manager-entrepreneur
- Rethink your practice, shifting from tactical thinking (working "in" your firm) to strategic thinking (working "on" your firm)
- Stop trading time for dollars
- Manage those processes through which people get things done, which becomes your Management System - for everything you do
- Implement innovative systems to produce consistent results as your firm grows
- Take the sanctity of time seriously, blocking time for entrepreneurial work
- Create the story that becomes the heart of your firm
Leading an architectural firm can seem like a daunting task, with too few hours in the day, too many petty management issues, and problems that architects at large firms do not seem to face. The E-Myth Architectoffers you a road map to create a architectural business that’s self-sufficient, growing, and highly profitable. Take your firm to levels you did not think possible with this unique guide!
Norbert C. Lemermyer's background as a technologist and designer has made him a consummate practitioner of architecture. He was a co-founder of ACM Architecture and ACM Construction Managers, and applies his touch to all projects that come through the office. Through his 40 years of experience, Norbert's architectural projects have received national recognition and have been featured in numerous trade magazines. The infusion of the E-Myth practices into his business has created new excitement and energy, to the benefit of all team members and clients.