Equity Crowdfunding: The Complete Guide For Startups And Growing Companies
Publisher: Authors Republic
Date: February 2017
Duration: 5 hours 20 minutes
Raise Money Without a Bank Or a VC, Through The Crowd!
For many startups and growing companies, gaining marketing exposure and raising external funding from investors are #1 and #2 on their priority list. But, until recently, they were always separate activities - first you would raise the money, and then you would spend it on marketing.
The advent of equity crowdfunding means these two critical tasks can be done at the same time. This is a game-changer.
Equity Crowdfunding - A Hybrid of Venture Capital and Kickstarter.
Unlike venture capital, the company founders get to set their own offer terms, retain their company culture, and bring on dozens, or even hundreds of shareholders rather than just a tiny handful - and gain all the promotional benefits that come with this.
And unlike the crowdfunding offered by sites like Kickstarter and Indiegogo, equity crowdfunding allows a company to offer shares in itself, instead of a pre-ordered product. This means equity crowdfunding can be used by far more types of businesses, and typically attracts a lot more money. Companies regularly raise hundreds of thousands, or even millions of dollars through equity crowdfunding.
This Book Will Show You How!
Equity crowdfunding offers amazing potential for startups and growing companies, but it is also a very steep learning curve. Many companies begin with no real idea of how to choose a platform, how to craft their pitch, or what they should be doing to drive people to their offer page and invest.
In this step-by-step guide, you will learn:
• The forces which have brought equity crowdfunding to where it is today
• How to tell whether equity crowdfunding will be a good fit for your company
• The biggest mistakes that can kill an offer before it has even begun
• How to build critical momentum - one company raised £1 million in 96 seconds!
• How to construct a marketing plan to get people literally counting down to your launch
• How to salvage an offer which is "stuck", and re-ignite the momentum
• What past campaigns wished they had known before they had started
• The incredible impact equity crowdfunding can have on your business and profile
The World's First Comprehensive Resource
Featuring the very best strategies from 20 real companies who have used equity crowdfunding to raise millions of dollars, euros and pounds. And the expert advice from 12 market-leading platforms at the forefront of the equity crowdfunding revolution.
This book is truly global in scope, featuring contributions from the United Kingdom, the United States, France, the Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Canada, the Middle East, Australia and New Zealand.
This is THE complete guide, with no prior knowledge assumed, and will teach you equity crowdfunding from the ground up.