Give the gift of audiobooks this season with a prepaid gift subscription
Essays 7: Of a Happy Life
Add to Cart - $2.99
Remove from Cart
Give as a gift
1 hour 27 minutes
Of a Happy Life is an essay written by Seneca around the year 58 AD. It was intended for his older brother Gallio, to whom Seneca also dedicated his dialogue entitled De Ira ('On Anger'). It is divided into 28 chapters that present the moral thoughts of Seneca at their most mature. Seneca explains that the pursuit of happiness is the pursuit of reason - reason meant not only using logic, but also understanding the processes of nature.
Translation by Aubrey Stewart and produced by Vox Stoica
Seneca's Essays Series:
1) Of providence - addressed to Lucilius
2) On the Firmness of the Wise Man - addressed to Serenus
3-5) Of Anger (Books 1-3) - addressed to his brother Novatus
6) Of Consolation - addressed to Marcia
7) Of a Happy Life - addressed to Gallio
8) Of Leisure - addressed to Serenus
9) Of Tranquillity of Mind - addressed to Serenus
10) On the Shortness of Life - addressed to Paulinus
11) Of Consolation - addressed to Polybius
12) Of Consolation - addressed to Helvia
1 book added to cart
Essays 7: Of a Happy Life...
© Copyright 2011 - 2023 Storytel Audiobooks USA LLC. All Rights Reserved.