Finding Hope in Depression: A Catholic Approach
Date: December 2011
Duration: 3 hours 34 minutes
Finding Hope in Depression: A Catholic Approach is a personal journey through the world of depression.
Your guide, Sr. Kathryn J. Hermes, struggled with depression for many years and shares in these presentations a holistic approach to finding peace in the darkness and hope for a new dawn. A best-selling author, Sr. Hermes is an expert on spirituality and depression.
Finding Hope in Depression: A Catholic Approach explores the link between struggling with depression and faith. The treasures of the Catholic tradition can be among the most powerful means to wellbeing and wholeness for those suffering depression or finding themselves discouraged and disillusioned, anxious and uncertain.
Through these 9 engaging talks, you will find:
- A holistic perspective on depression: spiritual, psychological, medical and practical self-care methods
- Hopeful stories by others who have gone through depression
- Helpful tips for friends and family members
- Suggestions for prayer and reflection
- Guidance and insight for those experiencing depression as well as friends and family members
- Powerful resource for care providers and pastoral counselors
The saints, some of whom also suffered with depression, become our guides in learning how to survive depression. The presentations are formatted to guide your or your loved ones into an experience of spirituality growth.
This course is part of the Learn25 collection.