Freedom from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: A Personalized Recovery Program for Living with Uncertainty, Updated Edition
Date: February 2021
Duration: 14 hours 46 minutes
Nearly six million Americans suffer from the symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder, which can manifest itself in many ways: paralyzing fear of contamination; unmanageable “checking” rituals; excessive concern with order, symmetry, and counting; and others.
Freedom from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder provides Dr. Jonathan Grayson’s revolutionary and compassionate program for finally breaking the cycle of overwhelming fear and endless rituals, including:
• Self-assessment tests that guide readers in identifying their specific type of OCD and help track their progress in treatment
• Case studies from Dr. Grayson’s revolutionary and profoundly successful treatment program
• Blueprints for programs tailored to particular manifestations of OCD
• Previously unexplored manifestations of OCD such as obsessive staring, Relationship OCD (R-OCD), obsessive intolerance of environmental sounds and chewing sounds
• Therapy scripts to help individuals develop their own therapeutic voice, to motivate themselves to succeed
• New therapies used in conjunction with exposure techniques
• “Trigger sheets” for identifying and planning for obstacles that arise in treatment
• Information on building a support group
• And much more
Demystifying the process of OCD assessment and treatment, this indispensable book helps sufferers make sense of their own compulsions through frank, unflinching self-evaluation, and provides not only the knowledge of how to change—but the courage to do it.
*This audiobook includes a downloadable PDF that contains resources from the book.