Great Classic Horror
Date: June 2009
Duration: 2 hours 40 minutes
Feel the breathtaking tingle of suspense. Share the captivating horror of the supernatural in these six complete stories presented by a masterful reader.
This audio recording includes:
• “A Watcher by the Dead” by Ambrose Bierce—A corpse brings death, dereliction, and madness to those who would play with it.
• “The Body-Snatchers” by Robert Louis Stevenson—A never-ending demand for bodies for medical dissection delivers nightly horrors.
• “Adventure of the German Student” by Washington Irving—A German student, caught up in the tempestuous times of the French Revolution, is intoxicated by the beauty of a stranger, and pledges himself to her forever.
• “Dick on the Devil” by J. Sheridan Le Fanu—Barwyke Hall, isolated and sinister, is haunted by both the living and the dead.
• “The Fall of the House of Usher” by Edgar Allan Poe—The melancholy House of Usher afflicts its owner with a morbid gloom. Justifiably considered one of the best stories of this genre ever written.
• “The Open Window” by Saki—A nervous newcomer is overcome by a surprising visit!
[Geraint Wyn Davies] gives these tales of horror and suspense an astute performance, underscoring the timeless power of these nineteenth-century works…Discover and enjoy the performances and each terrifying detail of these classics.”--AudioFile