Growing Yourself Back Up: Understanding Emotional Regression
Publisher: Better Listen
Date: September 2016
Duration: 1 hours 20 minutes
Growing Yourself Back is John Lee's book that thousands of therapists recommend to their clients every year. This lecture will help the listener recognize, prevent, and diffuse regression in ourselves and others. He teaches, for example, that adults cannot be abandoned, they can only be left; if we're feeling abandoned we're regressing. He also reminds us that no matter how overwhelmed we are, adults always have options; if we believe we don't, we're in a regression.
"Growing Yourself Back Up will show you how to:
* develop strong emotional boundaries and convey them to others
* learn the Detour Method that reverses regression
* confront without regressing
* communicate with the authority figures who push your buttons
* minimize regression at family functions
Lee offers hope--as well as practical strategies that work--for conquering those childlike feelings of powerlessness that are almost always rooted in regression.