Is it possible to renew the mind?: Amsterdam 1967 - Public Talk 3
Narrated By: ,
Publisher: M-Y Books
Date: November 2015
Duration: 1 hours 20 minutes
Is it possible to renew the mind? - 24 May 1967
- When the mind is living through imagination and thought, it is incapable ofliving in the complete fullness of the present.
- Thought has created time, not chronological time but psychological time. That is, "I will be," "I should be."
- Is it possible for the brain to be quiet, to give an interval between the old and the new? This interval is the timeless nature in which thought cannot possibly enter.
- That which has continuity is repetitive, which is time. It's only when time comes to an end there is something new taking place.
- To die every day to every problem, every pleasure, and not carry over any problem at all; so the mind remains tremendously attentive, active, clear.
- Since love is not desire or pleasure, how does one come upon it?
- Q: Is the feeling of responsibility a part of the order and discipline you were talking about?
- Q: Why don't people get angry with what you are saying?