Lead with Speed: Fire Up Your Team, Power Your Engines of Development, and Make Your Organization Soar
Date: May 2020
Duration: 7 hours 18 minutes
The speed of the business is the speed of the leader. It’s time to up your game.
One of the most important questions a leader can ask themselves is: “How do I get my teams, my organization to move faster?”
That is the challenge that all leaders face. This challenge grows more intense every day. Lead with Speed is the answer. This problem of speed is often disguised by other symptoms, such as “my projects cannot make an accurate prediction of when they will be done” or the stated need of “my teams need to take more risks.” The real need is not reckless risk-taking that will lead to even more problems and finishing even later. The real need is for speed.
An organization can only move as quickly as its leaders. Lead with Speed shows you how to get your ideas, plans, and needs disseminated quickly from the top down. Innovation, or genius, is 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration. Alan Willett provides a comprehensive guide on how to sweat faster. You will learn how to:
- Develop the mind-set required for leading with speed
- Discern the critical differences between slow and fast projects
- Notice what you as a leader need to do to create those differences
- Create a targeting system for speed
- Get whole groups of people working together to create organizational speed
- Lead the exceptional few to be the catalyst for accelerating your organization