The Like Switch: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Influencing, Attracting, and Winning People Over
Written By: ,
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Date: January 2015
Duration: 7 hours 42 minutes
As a Special Agent for the FBI's National Security Division's Behavioral Analysis Program, Dr. Jack Schafer developed dynamic and breakthrough strategies for profiling terrorists and detecting deception. In his current role as a professor of psychology, Dr. Schafer has evolved his proved-on-the-battlefield tactics for the more domestic, but no less critical battle of getting people to like you. The same powerful techniques that the author used to recruit people to betray their country can be used to get people to like you for a moment or a lifetime. Dr. Schafer explores the underlying meanings of human body language and behavior, demonstrating what to look for and what to do in any given situation. This book will improve your "LQ" (Likeability Quotient) and as well as helping you "spot the lie," i.e. know if you can trust someone, in person or online. You will also discover:
- The "Friendship Formula," the four factors that impact the success or failure of all relationships
- The three non-verbal signals you need to send to make a good first impression
- The technique of "elicitation," used to covertly gain information from people
- The key nonverbal signals that indicate whether a person will see you as a friend or a foe
- Techniques you can use to increase or decrease the intensity of a relationship
- The "three zones" of interpersonal contact and how they influence your approach to people
- How to use the "curiosity hook" to attract people
- The "Humpty-Dumpty" principle to know when to end a relationship - And much more that will help influence what your boss, family, friends, and even strangers think of you.
Dr. Schafer cracks the code on making great first impressions, building lasting relationships, and understanding others' behavior to learn what they really think about you.
***Please contact Member Services for additional documents***