Men of Sunday: How Faith Guides the Players, Coaches, and Wives of the NFL
Publisher: Oasis Audio
Date: October 2012
Duration: 7 hours 9 minutes
Step into the locker rooms and living rooms of NFL players and their families.
See how a close relationship with God guides football's biggest stars. In a behind-the-scenes, off-the-field glimpse into one of America's most beloved sports, Men of Sunday reveals how Sunday's greatest rely on God to face issues such as drug abuse, family crises, injuries, and temptations resulting from fame and fortune.
Compiled from dozens of interviews, Men of Sunday marks the intersection of two Sunday traditions: faith and football. Inspired by the league's systemic shift toward embracing Christianity, Bloomberg writer Curtis Eichelberger shows how God is a source of comfort when facing the unique challenges of life in the NFL and the everyday challenges of maintaining strong families and building character.
Featured personalities include:
• Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis
• Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis
• Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers
• Former Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy
• Former Chicago Bears middle linebacker Mike Singletary
• San Diego Chargers chaplain Shawn Mitchell
• New York Jets running back LaDainian Tomlinson
• Danisha Rolle, wife of former Tennessee and Baltimore defensive back Samari Rolle
Men of Sunday is a must-have for any football fan, teaching the invaluable lesson of trusting in the Lord both on and off the field.