Great narrator, doing her best with what would kill you if you turned it into a drinking game (details below)! She brought believe-ability to this fluffy, clean Christmas romance. I appreciated her clear diction, range, and warmth. Kudos, Em Eldrige!
The drinking game. I've also posted this over on goodreads.
Do not, under any circumstances, take a drink every time
- Merry feels love towards her family
- Jason feels pressure because of The Project
- Merry holds back what she actually wants to say, especially to her family
- Jason has never experienced familial/parental love
- Merry feels festive and sees the world in a rose-tinted way
- Jason has never experienced Christmas beyond material things
Do not do that. If you do, you will die. By the third chapter. Maybe before. And I can't be responsible for that.
That said, this book was exactly what I needed it to be when it arrived in my life: a marshmallowy sweet sappy love story. Who cares if it reads like the first draft of a relatively competent NaNoWriMo novel? It doesn't need fabulous prose -- I'm here for the pining and the angst and the swoons! ^_^
By clicking "Notify Me" you consent to receiving electronic marketing communications from Audiobooks.com. You will be able to unsubscribe at any time.
We will send you an email as soon as this title is available.