New Rules of the Game
Publisher: Brilliance Audio
Date: February 2015
Duration: 6 hours 22 minutes
In New Rules of the Game, business leader Susan Packard shows you how to cultivate gamesmanship—a strategic way of thinking regularly seen in the video game and sports worlds, and most often among men—that develops creativity, focus, optimism, teamwork, and competitiveness.
You’ll learn the Ten Rules of Gamesmanship and how to use them effectively to:
• Compete outwardly in a healthy, rewarding way
• Build support groups to help you advance
• Step up with more grit to get the next win
• Approach your workplace with more lightness and insight
• Take loss in stride and provide the emotional distance needed to win at work Packard shares her career story with humor and candor, including the successes and mistakes, the triumphs, and some personal and career setbacks, and presents them as teachable moments for you. But the audiobook is much bigger than one person’s experience. Packard also shares the stories of other presidents and CEOs who have become great gamers in their own fields, providing you with the insight and inspiration to play the business game smarter, stronger, and more successfully. You will also be better able to coach others, inspiring your team to perform at higher levels as you drive them toward the next win.