Pimsleur Arabic (Modern Standard) Level 2 Lessons 16-20 MP3: Learn to Speak and Understand Modern Standard Arabic with Pimsleur Language Programs
Publisher: Pimsleur Language Programs
Date: September 2014
Duration: 2 hours 40 minutes
About Modern Standard Arabic
• Modern Standard Arabic (MSA), also known as Standard Arabic or Literary Arabic, is the variety of Arabic used in writing and in formal speech.
• MSA is spoken by an estimated 300 million people world-wide.
• It is one of the six official languages of the United Nations.
• Modern Standard Arabic is the official language of all Arab countries, and is the only form of Arabic taught in schools at all levels. Because of this, MSA is the lingua franca of all educated Arabic-speakers, regardless of nationality or spoken native dialect.
• It is used in the news, schools, official documents, and courts of law.
• MSA bears great resemblance to Classical Arabic; the language of ancient poetry and the Quran.
• The Modern Standard Arabic alphabet contains 28 basic letters and is read from right to left.
The Pimsleur® Method is scientifically proven to be your fastest route to near-native fluency. Speak and understand Modern Standard Arabic in just 32 minutes a day. Modern Standard Arabic Level 2 Lessons 16-20 build on material taught in prior lessons. Each lesson provides 32 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Each lesson contains practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Modern Standard Arabic.