Pimsleur Norwegian Level 2 Lessons 21-25: Learn to Speak and Understand Norwegian with Pimsleur Language Programs
Publisher: Pimsleur Language Programs
Date: May 2017
Duration: 2 hours 35 minutes
The Pimsleur Method: the easiest, fastest way to learn a new language. Completely portable, easily downloadable, and lots of fun. You'll be speaking and understanding in no time flat!
This course includes Lessons 21-25 from the Norwegian Level 2 program featuring 2.5 hours of language instruction. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons is included in each lesson. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Norwegian.
The Norwegian Language
Norwegian is spoken by approximately 5 million people, primarily in Norway, although there are some speakers in Denmark, Sweden, Germany, the U.K., Spain, Canada, and the U.S.A. It is closely related to Swedish and Danish. In Norway, no official standard of spoken Norwegian exists, and there are hundreds of spoken dialects. Generally, the dialects are mutually intelligible. Because of the great number of dialects spoken in Norway, there are variations in pronunciation from place to place to place. In the Pimsleur program, we adhere as closely as possible to the pronunciation of the inhabitants of Oslo, the capital of Norway.
- Lessons can be downloaded using the Pimsleur Course Manager App for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, and Mac or Windows computers, or
- Lessons can be downloaded as a zip file for use in iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- All purchased courses are backed up in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library account.
- Lessons can be played on your iPod or any MP3 player.
- The Pimsleur Course Manager App can be installed on several devices for personal use only.
- Lessons are non-DRM (Digital Rights Management) MP3 files and can be copied onto a CD or DVD for playing in a CD/DVD player.