Publishing Is a Joke: Lies, Theft, and Deception Explained by an Insider in a Corrupt Industry
Publisher: Findaway Voices
Date: August 2019
Duration: 2 hours 45 minutes
Publishing has become an opportunity for many authors, stay-at-home dads, hard workers, narrators, cover designers, writers (different than authors I presume), and the like. However, evil giant companies (one in particular) are sucking the life out of customers and the creativity out of authors to feed their greed and crush competitors in unethical ways. All stories and quotes are based on true accounts from victims and experienced entrepreneurs. You will read, among others (here comes the list you can actually find on the content page):
- How one of the richest companies pays less taxes than you do, even though they make billions in profit.
- Why monopolies are hurting both customers and sellers in a lazy economy, and why we may be all doomed if we continue this way.
- Law transgressions and sleazy tricks the before-mentioned company has stolen money and/or market share to grow their monstrous empire.
- Why most positive reviews and star averages on the company's enchanting website are actually fake, which makes a lot of sense if you really take the time to think about it.
- Money-making loopholes in a flawed system that can help you make tens of thousands of dollars extra (not kidding), because they're too stupid or arrogant at headquarters to update their bots.
- How some scammers on YouTube are taking advantage of gullible newbies who are trying to make money or making an effort to write a good book.
- How Nigerian plagiarizers have conspired to cover up a giant hoax.
If you want to descent to the obscure games companies and individuals are playing in the unseen realm of what we call the 'internet,' then follow me and take off your pink glasses, so you can witness the greed and diabolic intentions of some players in a truly corrupt industry.