Simplicity comes into being when there is freedom from the desire to achieve: Ojai 1949 - Public Talk 13
Narrated By: ,
Publisher: M-Y Books
Date: November 2015
Duration: 1 hours 12 minutes
implicity comes into being when there is freedom from the desire to achieve - 27 August 1949
- One who is sincere can never be simple because he who is trying to be sincerealways has the desire to pattern or approximate himself to an idea.
- Self-knowledge can be discovered more fully, deeply, widely, only when the reispassive awareness, which is not the exertion of will.
- In the search for self-knowledge we get caught in self-consciousness. Being caught we make the thing in which one is caught the most important thing.
- To go beyond self-consciousness there must be freedom from the desire toachieve a result, because the achievement of a result is what the mind wants.
- Q: Would you please explain what you mean by dying daily?
- Q: How does a truth when repeated become a lie? What really is a lie?
- Q: I think I can help, but whatever I say or do to another is interpreted a sinterference and as domineering. Why does this happen to me?
- Q: What is aloneness? Is it a mystical state?