Pimsleur Swahili Level 1 Lessons 21-25: Learn to Speak and Understand Swahili with Pimsleur Language Programs
Publisher: Pimsleur Language Programs
Date: December 2011
Duration: 2 hours 31 minutes
Can learning another language be as easy as speaking your own? Yes with Pimsleur it’s that easy. Learn on your own time, at your own pace, and wherever you choose.
Pimsleur Makes Learning Easy
• 30-minute core lessons you can take anywhere, or do at home with Alexa®
• Synch progress across devices
• Stream lessons or download to use in offline mode
• Individual progress tracking for one main account holder and up to 3 additional household members
• Car mode for easy driving and learning
• Compatible with Amazon Echo devices for working through lessons at home
• Quick + Easy – Only 30 minutes a day.
• Portable + Flexible – Core lessons can be done anytime, anywhere, and easily fit into your busy life.
• Proven Method – Works when other methods fail.
• Self-Paced – Go fast or go slow – it’s up to you.
• Based in Science – Developed using proven research on memory and learning.
• Cost-effective – Less expensive than classes or immersion, and features all native speakers.
• Genius – Triggers your brain’s natural aptitude to learn.
• Works for everyone – Recommended for ages 13 and above.
What You’ll Learn
This course includes Lessons 21-25 from the Swahili Level 1 Program featuring 2.5 hours of language instruction. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons is included in each lesson. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Swahili.
Reading Lessons are included to provide you with an introduction to reading Swahili. These lessons are designed to teach you to sound out words with correct pronunciation and accent. A Reading Booklet is included with your download.
Learning the sound of each letter alone and in culturally distinct combinations allows your brain to process what you’re hearing in the audio lessons from a new and different perspective. It’s a powerful combination that makes Pimsleur different from every other method on the market.
The Swahili Language
Swahili, or Kiswahili, the most widely-spoken African language, is a Bantu language spoken by approximately 5 million native-speakers living mainly along the East African coast from Somalia to the North Africa coastline of Madagascar. Up to an additional 150 million people speak Swahili as a second language. It is recognized as an official national language in Uganda, Kenya, and Tanzania. Pimsleur's Swahili teaches Standard Swahili as spoken in and around Nairobi, Kenya.
Written Swahili uses 24 letters from the Roman alphabet, excepting C, Q, and X, and including an additional letter “CH.'
• Audio lessons can be streamed or downloaded for offline use in the Pimsleur App for iPhone®, iPad®, and most Android™ devices.
• Audio lessons can also be played on Amazon® Echo® devices using the Alexa® Pimsleur Skill.
• A desktop version is available for Mac® or Windows® computers.
• All purchased courses are backed up in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library account.
• Pimsleur is designed for use by one registered user, plus up to three household members, and may be installed on up to four devices.