Thought sustains fear and pleasure: Berkeley 1969 - Public Talk 2
Narrated By: ,
Publisher: M-Y Books
Date: November 2015
Duration: 1 hours 31 minutes
Thought sustains fear and pleasure - 4 February 1969
- To understand relationship and to end the conflict in it is our entire problem.
- Can man live at peace, within himself and outwardly?
- In relationship one becomes aware of the actual state of oneself.
- The man that has no sense of fear of any kind is really a free man, a peacefulman.
- What is fear?
- Can thought be silent?
- Conduct becomes virtuous only when thought doesn't cultivate what it considers virtue.
- How is it possible to look at the sunset without thought weaving pleasure or pain around it?
Questions from the audience followed the talk.