Trajectory: 7 Career Strategies to Take You from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
Publisher: Gildan Media
Date: May 2014
Duration: 5 hours 43 minutes
When the economy's difficult and jobs aren't secure, people tend to focus on the short term...on survival. But what they don't grasp is how their current position could be a springboard to their next position--or even the one after that. Caught between a fear of failure and a desire for instant success, they limit the risks they take, unwittingly limiting their opportunities. As much as they want to get ahead, they simply can't see how to get there.
Trajectory is the answer. Each and every person has their own "trajectory" or career path--and this timely and refreshingly practical new book presents seven strategies designed to help anyone create and manage theirs. Listeners will discover how to:
- Make the most of feedback
- Avoid stagnation and break through plateaus
- Think big, act small, and move quick
- Achieve growth through failure
- Move to the front of the pack through persistence
- Continuously develop both "soft" and "hard" professional skills
- And much moreCareer success doesn't happen overnight. From building relationships with mentors, to positioning (and repositioning) yourself for promotion--this essential guide provides the tools you need for a lifetime of advancement.