Where there is pleasure there is the shadow of pain: Amsterdam 1967 - Public Talk 2
Narrated By: ,
Publisher: M-Y Books
Date: November 2015
Duration: 1 hours 22 minutes
Where there is pleasure there is the shadow of pain - 21 May 1967
- The whole movement of living, which is relationship, is a movement in action.
- What is consciousness? When do you say, "I am conscious, I am aware, I amattentive"?
- Is there actually a division between the conscious and the unconscious, or it is a total movement, operating all the time?
- The mind that pursues pleasure must inevitably invite its opposite, which ispain. The two go together; they are not separate.
- You cannot see totally when you are making effort.
- Q: If you love your own child, your attention to your child is fairly complete, butif you are a teacher you cannot give attention to all the students.