Why do we want to dominate or be subservient to another?: Ojai 1949 - Public Talk 11
Narrated By: ,
Publisher: M-Y Books
Date: November 2015
Duration: 1 hours 2 minutes
Why do we want to dominate or be subservient to another? - 20 August 1949
- Why is it that we dominate, consciously or unconsciously?- To submit oneself to another is the negative form of domination. We shall notbe able to solve this problem by thinking in terms of opposites.
- Is not domination a process of isolation, which denies relationship?
- Can there be relationship between two people if there is any sense of domination or submissiveness?
- Q: Is not the experience of the past a help towards freedom and right action in the present?
- Q: Is my believing in survival after death a hindrance to liberation through self-knowledge?
- Q: Why is it certain individuals identify themselves with you or with your stateof being and thereby gain authority for themselves?