Wisdom comes through the understanding of suffering: Saanen 1974 - Public Talk 5
Narrated By: ,
Publisher: M-Y Books
Date: November 2015
Duration: 1 hours 26 minutes
Wisdom comes through the understanding of suffering - 23 July 1974
- Do we respond to the whole field of existence? Must not there be love to do that?
- To love, to be responsible for the whole, one must go beyond suffering.
- Can we know the nature, structure and function of suffering?
- Is isolation one of the major causes of suffering?
- Is attachment, which denies freedom, a cause of suffering?- In the love of the whole the particular comes in, but not the other way around.
- Can we be sensitive to beauty if we are psychologically hurt?
- Can the mind be aware of hurt and not react at the conscious or unconscious level?
Questions from the audience followed the talk.