Women, Food, and Desire: Embrace Your Cravings, Make Peace with Food, Reclaim Your Body
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Date: January 2015
Duration: 7 hours 36 minutes
A holistic health counselor and co-star of award-winning documentary Super Size Me explores women’s cravings—for food, sleep, sex, movement, companionship, inspiration—and teaches them to listen to their bodies for a healthier, fuller life.
Transformational health expert Alexandra Jamieson is a woman on a mission. Having overcome her own food addictions and the weight and health problems these habits caused, she learned something life-altering: when we listen to our cravings, they will lead us onto the path of deep healing. Since her own personal breakthrough more than a decade ago, Alexandra has dedicated her life to helping other women learn to listen to the wisdom of their cravings and make food their greatest ally as they step into their lives with authentic passion.
In this powerfully feminine manifesto, Alexandra dares us to face our cravings head-on, to make the self-commitment to no longer hide out behind food, self-loathing, or the limiting expectations of others. With love, deep compassion, and fearless honesty, she calls upon all of us to boldly use food as a tool to cleanse ourselves of the nutritional, emotional, physical, and mental blocks that limit our ability to live full, meaningful, and joyful lives.
In this book she’ll show us how:
· Our cravings are the gatekeepers of our deepest longings and desires
· Transforming habits sets us free
· Detoxing unclutters our bodies and minds so we may engage in our lives with more power and authenticity
· Embracing our sexual selves makes us more powerful
· Trusting ourselves and surrounding ourselves with a nurturing community is essential for a vital, healthy, hot life