Your Defiant Child: Eight Steps to Better Behavior
Written By: ,
Publisher: Tantor Media
Date: October 2017
Duration: 8 hours 57 minutes
Discover a way to end constant power struggles with your defiant, oppositional, 'impossible' five to twelve-year-old, with the help of leading child psychologist Russell A. Barkley. Dr. Barkley's approach is research based, practical, and doable-and leads to lasting behavior change. Vivid, realistic stories illustrate what the techniques look like in action. Step by step, learn how you can:
● Harness the power of positive attention and praise.
● Use rewards and incentives effectively.
● Stay calm and consistent-even on the worst of days.
● Establish a time-out system that works.
● Target behavioral issues at home, in school, and in public places.
Thoroughly revised to include the latest resources and fifteen years' worth of research advances, the second edition also reflects Dr. Barkley's ongoing experiences with parents and kids.