You Frequently Asked, We Answered
- 1. What is a credit?
- 1 book credit allows you to listen to any audio book in our library. If you find yourself wanting to listen to more books, you can add credits to your subscription as you go.
- 2. What do I need to know about your 7 day free trial?
- Sign up for our 7 day free trial, and get your first book free, no strings attached. Cancel anytime during those 7 days, no questions asked. Once your free trial has expired, your monthly subscription fee will be automatically charged to the billing information on your account, and you can continue to enjoy great audio books.
**Please note that your free trial begins the day you sign up. For example, if you signed up for the free trial on Sunday, July 1 the last day of your trial would be Sunday, July 7.
- 3. Help! I'm having problems listening to my audio book. What do I do?
- If anything goes wrong, we're here to help. You can give our customer service team a call at 1-855-876-6195 between 8am-8pm EST, daily or type your question in the big box to your right!
- 4. How much data does it take to listen to an audio book on my smartphone?
- This is a tricky question because audio book titles vary in size. If you're streaming an audio book, we suggest having at least 150MB of storage. If you're downloading the audio book to your PC, iPhone or Android smartphone, it's best to have at least 500MB of storage free.
- 5. Can I cancel my membership?
- Some relationships just aren't meant to be, which is why there are absolutely no restrictions on when you can cancel your Audiobooks.com membership. Go to the My Account section of the website (the link is in the top right when you're logged in) and cancel online with the click of a link.
- 6. How do I find a great audio book to listen to?
- After you sign up for an Audiobooks.com membership, you can tell us what your favorite genres are in your "Preferences" section. Based on your selections, we'll customize the books you see when you visit your "My Books" page. You can modify your preferences at any time by going into the "Preferences" section once you are logged in.
- 7. What payment methods do you accept?
- We currently accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal.
- 8. How do I update my personal information?
- Once you're logged into Audiobooks.com, you can update your contact and credit card information by clicking on "My Account". It's as simple as that.
- 9. On my Mac, my audio books open in a new tab. Why aren't they opening in a new window?
- Don't worry, this is an easy fix. All you need to do is follow these four simple steps: Click on Safari > Preferences > Tabs. Once you're here, make sure "Open pages in tabs instead of windows" is set to "Never".
- 10. Why can't I get audio books to play on my computer?
- We're sorry for the delay to your listening! It could be a number of reasons. First, make sure you're using an internet browser that supports our service. Audiobooks.com is compatible with Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 16.0 & Safari 6.0. If you're still having issues playing your titles, you can give our customer service team a call at 1-855-876-6195 between 8am-8pm EST, daily or type your question in the big box to your right!
- 12. What happens if I miss my monthly payment?
- Not to worry! We'll place your account on hold for you if a payment is missed. To reactivate your account, give our customer service team a call at 1-855-876-6195 between 8am-8pm EST, daily.
- 13. Why do I always have to listen to a preview?
- Our combined Preview and Play button allows you to listen to an audio book before committing. If you don't like the audio book, stop at any time. Around the three-minute mark of most books, you'll be prompted to hit "Continue". If you're enjoying the narrator and story when you get to this point, hit "Continue" and keep listening. If not, preview a few more until you find a great listen.
If you're listening on one of our apps for iPhone or Android, your download won't start until after you hit "Continue".
- 14. How do I purchase a gift subscription?
- You can purchase a gift subscription by visiting the "Gifts" section on Audiobooks.com.
- 15. What is the difference between streaming and downloading?
- When you stream an audio book, you're able to instantly listen to the book over your internet connection. The great thing about streaming is that you do not need to download the audio book first to listen to it, and it does not take up memory space on your listening device.
If you're listening on our iPhone or Android app, you can also download up to 2 audio books at a time. This means you can listen to audio books even when you're not connected to the internet.
- 16. I'm not receiving any emails from Audiobooks.com. What should I do?
- From time to time, some email providers mistake Audiobooks.com emails as spam. If you haven't been getting Audiobooks.com emails, first check your junk mail or spam folder. If there are Audiobooks.com emails there, mark them as "Safe" or "Move to inbox". Next, make sure that you've added email@example.com to your safe senders list. If you still find that you aren't receiving emails from us to your current email address, try signing up with a free webmail service such as Hotmail or Gmail.
- 1. Is Audiobooks.com mobile friendly?
- It sure is! You can stream or download your favorite books from Audiobooks.com on your iPhone or iPad (iOS4.0 or higher), or Android smartphone (running version 2.3 or higher), via our native apps.
Thanks to our HTML5 web app, you can also listen to audio books using almost any other internet-enabled device, like laptops and tablets. We recommend that you check with your mobile provider to make sure you have a data plan.
- 2. What do I do if I am having issues logging into my Audiobooks.com account on my mobile phone?
- The first thing we suggest you try is checking your browser settings to make sure cookies are enabled. If that doesn't work, you can give our customer service team a call at 1-855-876-6195 between 8am-8pm EST, daily or type your question in the big box to your right!
Mobile App FAQs
- 1. How do I download and listen to audio books offline?
- It's simple:
- Click "Settings" and ensure that "Auto-Download" is switched ON. We also recommend that "Mobile Network Download" is switched OFF to ensure that downloading the title doesn't eat up your data plan.
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- Browse for a title you want to download. Listen to the 3 minute sample of the audio book and choose to continue listening if you want to download it for offline listening.
- 2. When I'm finished with my downloaded book, how do I get another?
- You can download up to 2 audio books at a time on your mobile device. Before you download a new one, ensure you have space available for it under "My Books". If you've already downloaded 2 books, you'll need to remove at least 1 to free up space. To do this, click "My Books". Press and hold the audio book you wish to remove and hit "remove audio book". You can now browse to add another selection. It will automatically add itself to "My Books" for listening. If you forget to do the first step, don't worry. We'll prompt you to free up space after you select a new title.
- 3. Why did my audio book only download halfway?
- An audio book may only download halfway if you exit the Audiobooks.com app before the download completes, or if you lose your internet connection. When this happens you'll need to download the book again. Follow the steps in question 2, and then reset your app by:
If you're an iPhone user: Double tapping your home key. Press and hold the Audiobooks.com app and your open apps should start shaking on your screen. In the top left hand corner of the Audiobooks.com app, you'll see a red circle with a white line; tap this to reset the app.
If you're an Android user: Open your Task Manager and click on Settings > Apps and click on "Force Stop".
- 4. How do I cancel my account through the app?
- You have to access the Audiobooks.com website from a laptop or desktop computer to cancel your account online. You can also give our customer service team a call at 1-855-876-6195 between 8am-8pm EST, daily.
- 5. There are so many audio book apps in the app store, which one is yours?
- When you're searching for our app, look for this symbol: