It is important that you read all the terms and conditions carefully.
You must be at least 18 years old, or have parental permission to use the site and its services.
You agree that you are the credit card holder for your account, or have express permission of the cardholder to use their card as a payment method.
You agree to provide accurate and up-to-date essential personal information, and agree to maintain said information on your "My Account" page.
The Audiobooks.com service is available internationally; however, the library of available content will vary by region based on distribution rights on a per-title basis.
Copyright Laws and Intellectual Property Rights
Content from Audiobooks.com may be used and played for your personal, non-commercial use only. You agree not to modify, reproduce, retransmit, transfer, distribute, sell, broadcast, make available to third parties or circulate the content to anyone or to exploit any such content for commercial or non-commercial purposes without the express prior written consent of Audiobooks.com. Any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this site or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools is prohibited.
Audiobooks Subscription members agree to pay a recurring monthly fee by credit card, permitting us to charge membership dues and any applicable tax, until the account is cancelled online or by phone. Membership dues, including promotional pricing and limited time offers, are subject to change at a pre-specified time, or at Audiobooks.com's discretion.
Promotional Free Trials, Corporate Gifts and Limited Time Offers
In the case of a promotional free trial (via an affiliate, corporate gift card, or promo code) your subscription will automatically renew and your credit card will be charged on the day after your trial expires. You must cancel before the end of your free trial if you do not wish to be billed. The day your account is activated is considered day one of your free trial.
Membership dues, including promotional pricing and limited time offers, are subject to change at a pre-specified time, or at Audiobooks.com's discretion.
Free trials will only be offered once to any individual or household. Some promotions and offers may only be available to new subscribers creating an Audiobooks.com account for the first time.
Audiobooks.com Plan Terms
Audiobooks.com members agree to pay a recurring monthly fee by credit card, permitting us to charge membership dues and any applicable tax, until the account is cancelled online or by phone. Membership fees, including promotional pricing and limited time offers, are subject to change at a pre-specified time, or at Audiobooks.com's discretion.
- 1 and 2 Book Membership Plans: The 1 and 2 Book Membership Plans receive credits that may be used to purchase Audiobooks.com content. The 1 and 2 Book Membership Plans are subject to the following terms:
- Rollover: 1 and 2 Book Members are allowed to rollover unused credits each month however, monthly subscription credits will expire 12 months after they have been issued by Audiobooks.com and any additional credits purchased will also expire 12 months after purchase.
- InstaCredit: The InstaCredit feature allows users to purchase additional books instantly within mobile apps. The cost of an InstaCredit will be immediately applied to the credit card or other payment method attached to the user's Audiobooks.com account. As of September 1st, 2014 InstaCredits cost $14.95 USD. The price of an InstaCredit may be changed at the sole discretion of Audiobooks.com. InstaCredits are subject to the same refund policy as regular subscription or top-up credits. Only members with an active subscription can purchase books using InstaCredit. The users ability to purchase InstaCredits can be disabled by the user at any time.
Gift Subscriptions and Promotional Codes
Audiobooks.com Gift Subsciptions
Subscriptions purchased as gifts ("Gift Subscriptions") will be presented to the recipient in the form of a gift code redeemable for the Gift Membership. Gift codes for Gift Subscriptions must be redeemed at Audiobooks.com and may be used only for Audiobooks.com memberships. Prior to being redeemed by a recipient, gift codes for Gift Subscriptions do not expire and are not subject to any dormancy fee or other fees for non-use. Gift Subscription recipients must have or open an Audiobooks.com account to redeem the gift code for a Gift Subscription. To view Gift Subscription balances and status, gift members should visit their "My Account" section of the Audiobooks.com site. Audiobooks.com may, in its discretion, advise the purchaser when the Gift Subscription has been redeemed by the recipient.
- Gift codes for Gift Subscriptions cannot be used to purchase other Gift Subscriptions or a la carte audio content.
- Gift codes for Gift Subscriptions cannot be resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any other Audiobooks.com account, except where required by law. Gift Subscriptions may not be transferred.
Audiobooks.com Promotional Codes
Promotional codes ("Promo Codes") are for promotional use only and are void where prohibited by law. Promo Codes must be redeemed at Audiobooks.com and are only redeemable for the promotion outlined in the promotional offer (which may include discounts on Audiobooks.com trial offers, subscriptions or audiobook purchases). Promo Codes expire as indicated on the terms transmitted with the Promo Code. Promo Codes may be subject to additional terms and conditions presented with the Promo Code. Promo Codes recipients must have or open an Audiobooks.com account to redeem Promo Codes.
- Promo Codes cannot be used to purchase other Promo Codes or Gift Subscriptions.
- Promo Codes are only valid for one time use.
- Promo Codes cannot be resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash except where required by law.
- Resale of a Promo Code or use for unauthorized advertising, marketing, sweepstakes or other promotional purposes is strictly prohibited.
Risk of Loss
The risk of loss and title for Gift or Promo Codes for Gift Subscriptions and a la carte purchases pass to the purchaser upon Audiobooks.com's electronic transmission to the purchaser or recipient, whichever is applicable. Audiobooks.com is not responsible if a Gift or Promo Code for an Audiobooks.com Gift Subscription or a la carte purchase is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission.
Audiobooks.com will have the right to close customer accounts and bill alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained Gift or Promo Code is redeemed and/or exchanged for products and services on the site.
Limitation on Liability
Audiobooks.com disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to Gift Subscriptions and Promotional Codes, including, without limitation, any express or implied warranty of merchant ability or fitness for a particular purpose. In the event a Gift Subscription or Promotional Code is non-functional, your sole remedy, and our sole liability, shall be the replacement of such Gift Subscription or Promotional Code. Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions or limitations may not apply to you, and you might have additional rights.
Cancellation of Audiobooks.com Plans
To cancel your subscription, please visit the My Account section of the website while you're logged in or contact our Customer Service Team.
Cancellations are immediate upon confirmation.
Audiobooks.com grants refunds at our sole discretion. We do not offer refunds on any subscription charges.
If you stream an audio book and find its content faulty, please contact our Customer Service Team. If the file is determined to be flawed, we will replace the file. If the file is determined to be sounds and the problem has occurred on the user end, we will attempt to help resolve the problem.
Prohibitions and Restrictions
You may only use the services for your own individual, personal and noncommercial purposes and you agree that you will not:
- Use the Audiobooks.com service or its content to reproduce copyrighted materials
- Copy, store, edit, change, prepare any derivative work of or alter in any way the Audiobooks.com service or its content
- Auto-scrape the Audiobooks.com website
- Download content by means other than the Audiobooks.com proprietary software
- Make the Audiobooks.com service or its content available over a network (other than Audiobooks.com's network) where it could be used by others
- Provide your password to any other person
- Share audio content with another person
- Translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify or create derivative works based on content available through Audiobooks.com, or any portion of them for your own personal or commercial use, except as expressly allowed under applicable law
- Rent, lease or sublicense, sell, transfer, distribute or publicly perform the Audiobooks.com content in any manner and you will not exploit it commercially
- Use the Audiobooks.com services in any way that violates the terms of this Agreement
Privacy and Security
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer. We will not sell or distribute your email address to a third party.
Limitations on Liability
We make no representations or warranties of any kind on the Audiobooks.com service, web site and site content. In no event will we be liable to you for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind.
Audiobooks.com is not responsible for any outside charges that may be incurred while using our service. This includes, but is not limited to, NSF charges for automatic withdrawals, foreign transaction fees, or any other charge that is not processed directly by Audiobooks.com.
Purchases of Audiobooks.com Content
When you purchase Audiobooks.com content, Audiobooks.com grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to download or stream Audiobooks.com content to your device(s) solely for your personal non- commercial use. You will not sell, transfer, lease, modify, distribute or publicly perform the Audiobooks.com content in any manner and you will not exploit it commercially. You agree to not decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer the Audiobooks.com content, or modify the Audiobooks.com content or create any derivative works therefrom. The license to the Audiobooks.com content you purchase will continue for as long as your copy of Audiobooks.com content exists pursuant to these Audiobooks.com Purchase Terms and Conditions.
With respect to all "A La Carte" purchases, except where noted otherwise, any list price displayed represents the full retail price listed on the Audiobooks.com content itself, as determined by Audiobooks.com, or as suggested by the manufacturer or supplier, or estimated in accordance with standard industry practice; or the estimated retail value for a comparably featured item offered elsewhere. Prices of all Audiobooks.com content are subject to change at any time in Audiobooks.com's sole discretion. All such pricing changes will be posted to the Audiobooks.com site.
You bear all risk of loss for completing the download of Audiobooks.com content after purchase, once we have made such content available to you (in your "My Books" area or otherwise) and for any loss of Audiobooks.com content you have downloaded, including any loss due to a file corruption or a computer or hard drive crash. Purchased Audiobooks.com content will generally continue to be available in your "My Books," but may become unavailable due to potential content provider licensing restrictions or other reasons and Audiobooks.com will not be liable to you if Audiobooks.com content becomes unavailable for further download.
Summer Beach Reads Contest Terms and Conditions August 2016
1. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning 08/23/16 12:01 PM (EST) through 08/30/16 12:01 PM (EST) go to Facebook and leave a comment stating your nomination for best summer read. Participants are automatically entered into a random draw for a grand prize of 10 (ten) audiobook credits from Audiobooks.com. Winners Selection: Winners (the “Winners”) will be selected on or after 08/30/16 in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. In the event the Sponsor does not receive any eligible entries, the Sponsor has the right to cancel the Sweepstakes. Drawing will be conducted by Audiobooks.com, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. In the event Canadians are eligible to enter as specified in the Eligibility paragraph below, and if there is a Canadian Winner, the Winner will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question as a condition of receiving the prize.
2. PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: One Winner, either a subscriber or non-subscriber, will be selected to win the Prize, which includes 10 (ten) audiobook credits from Audiobooks.com ($149.50 USD). Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value of the prize will not be awarded in any form. Audiobooks.com reserves the right to change or increase the prizes awarded at their discretion.
3. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Winners will be notified within seven (7) business days of drawing on 08/30/16. In the event the Winner doesn’t respond to Sponsor’s notification or does not accept the prize within twenty (20) business days of notification, the prize will be deemed forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected at Audiobooks.com's sole discretion. If any alternate(s) similarly fails to respond or declines the prize, Sponsor may use a reasonable number of attempts, in its discretion, to award the prize(s) to another alternate(s) but if it is unable to do so, the prize(s) will be finally forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further liability in connection with this Sweepstakes. List of Winner(s): For the name(s) of the Winner(s), send an e-mail to email@example.com within two (2) months from the Winner notification date as specified above.
4. PRIZES: Once Winner(s) have been selected, they will be awarded Audiobooks.com credits as described in Section (2) and may use these credits for any eligible titles in the Audiobooks.com library. Due to publisher restrictions, not all audiobooks in the Audiobooks.com library are available to winners in all regions.
5. ENTRIES: Limit one (1) entry per person for Sweepstakes. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Open to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia over the age of eighteen (18). Residents of Canada in all regions except the province of Quebec who are over the age of eighteen (18) are also eligible to enter. Employees of Sponsor, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. The Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws, rules and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Winner or potential Winner who are unable or unavailable to accept or utilize prizes as described herein. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate Winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. By entering, Entrant grants permission for Sponsor, and any of its affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers to use the entrant’s submission (including an altered form of the entry), if any, for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Additionally, acceptance of the prize by Winner constitutes permission for Sponsor and any affiliates and subsidiaries to use Winner’s name for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, Winner agrees to hold Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize.
8. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in a Promotion if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.